This aims to provide a summary of the law covering time bars
Discounts available when booking for
more than one person per organisation
Aim of Presentation
Duration 75 Mins via
- Statutory limitation periods
- Shorter limitation periods arising from conventions or express contract provisions
- Extending the limitation period
- Claims notification time bars found in charter parties and sale contracts
- Case law on demurrage claims notification time bars
Director - Pequod Associates
+44 (0) 207 953 7988
David qualified as a solicitor in the 1990s. As a result of having previously worked as in-house counsel for one of the largest independent oil traders, he now specializes in petroleum shipping & trading claims. He also handles cargo recovery claims involving both petroleum & other commodities, as well as port and terminal disputes.
Besides acting for the cargo insurance market, his clients include refiners, oil traders & oil majors whom he assists with their sale contract & charter party disputes (principally demurrage & additional freight claims). He also provides guidance on the drafting of tanker charter party additional terms.
David is a regular speaker on matters such as laytime & demurrage, interim port & STS clauses, petroleum loss & sale contract terms.