CIF Amsterdam consistent with
loading laycan 1-5 Jan 2021
What does this mean?
This seminar will be jointly presented by David Clark, Director at Pequod Associates and an invited guest speaker, Stewart Buckingham QC of Quadrant Chambers. Stewart was the barrister acting for the successful claimant in The Azur Gaz  EWHC 2528, the only case that has examined what is meant by a loading laycan in the context of a CIF contract. The seminar covers:
- CIF/CFR/DAP contracts – sellers and buyer obligations
- Timing issues regarding shipment
- Creating discharge port delivery date obligations in CIF/CFR/DAP contracts
- The Azur Gaz  EWHC 2528
- Laycan/loading/shipment period– how the effect of these expressions differs in CIF/CFR/DAP contracts.
- Arrival at discharge port consistent with loading… What does “consistent with” mean and how do you assess if the vessel has arrived late?
- Remedies for buyers under CIF/CFR and DAP contracts under English law if the vessel arrives late at discharge port and how if at all these differ under BP GTCs 2015.
Duration 90mins via
Discounts available when booking for
more than one person per organisation